It is dreading when you are trying to work on the internet, but you are greeted with PR_end_of_file_error. It is more prevalent in web browsers like Mozilla Firefox and Opera. So, we will discuss what the error is and how to resolve that.
What is a Pr_end_of_file_error?
This error appears on your screen when your search engine fails to establish a secure connection with the internet. It is most commonly observed in search engines like Mozilla Firefox and Opera. Many users report the issue just like the image below when they face PR_end_of_file_error.
So, if you are also facing this error frequently, slide down to understand what is wrong and how you can resolve PR_end_of_file_error.
What Causes the PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR?
Before we dive into resolving the issue, let us first understand what causes the PR_end_of_file_error. As we have already mentioned, whenever the browser or search engine cannot establish a secure connection with a website, this error occurs. Primarily, many reasons lead to the failure of all the cypher suites. So, we have listed some of the major explanations as to why you may face PR_end_of_file_error:
- Proxy interference – if you are connected to any VPN or a proxy server, the firewalls may interrupt your connection, and this error will pop up.
- Corrupt profile/cyphers – the PR_end_of_file_error is also caused by any code or corrupt files error.
- Security interference – some 3rd party cyphers are designed to intercept the connection certificates that resets the whole cache every time you try to enter and thus, the error.
How do I fix a secure connection that failed in Firefox?
The better way to fix the PR_end_of_file_error is to find the cause of the error. Once you identify the root of the issue, you can follow the steps to fix this issue:
- You can disable the proxy or VPN.
- If your VPN is switched off, disable the DNS server so that the HTTPS doesn’t intercept the cypher.
- At times, your browser needs to refresh to reset the suites. Thus, a simple refresh button might do the trick for you.
- You can also uninstall 3rd party suites that have extra security code patched to fix the PR_end_of_file_error.
At times, you may experience that the issue is not resolved even after disabling the VPN or security cyphers. So, you will need to restart your computer after saving the settings and then check.
How do I fix a secure connection that failed in Chrome?
If you are experiencing PR_end_of_file_error while using Chrome, you can follow the following steps to overcome the problem:
- Incorrect configurations of the SSL settings can be a parameter to experience this issue on Chrome. So, go to the SSL settings and reset it to defaults. Sometimes, a little change may pop up the error continuously.
- Try to avoid VPNs that Chrome does not authorize. So, use the proxy servers only when it is necessary. Otherwise, keep the VPN off at all times.
- Check the firewalls on your antivirus. Unfortunately, many antivirus suites don’t allow connecting to certain websites. So, you may need to accept the risk or turn off the antivirus while browsing.
How to Avoid the PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR Secure Connection Error in the Future?
The PR_end_of_file_error is a very rare condition, but the chances of appearing on your PC screen are still there. So, if you want to avoid this secure connection error, you must follow the steps like disabling proxy connections, reset SSL settings, and other methods mentioned above.
Read other posts here: