Windows 10 is a Microsoft Operating System designed for PCs, laptops, and Internet of Things devices. It was introduced as a successor to Windows 8 in July 2015. Microsoft is looking for updating and upgrading Windows 10; instead of releasing a full-fledged new system with completely advanced software. Windows 10 is considered the best version of the Windows series, which consistently updates its system with new features and customize its settings. It has strong gaming options with face logins and mixed reality tools in the form of customizations. It has touch screen support with a quick start-up of the device.
Although Windows 10 is one of the most popular and actively used system software, the separate Settings app with legacy control panels and usage of Registry makes the users a little frustrated.
Following are some of the errors in Windows 10 that frequently occurs in the devices of the users and the ways to tackle them in a few clicks:
Error code 0x00000e
SOLUTION: The error code 0x00000e usually occurs due to incorrect drive configuration or hardware failure. Another reason could be that the Operating System is not able to track its boot location.
To get rid of error code 0x000006 from the device, users have options to choose from:
- Check the physical device connections.
- Rebuild the BCD (Boot Configuration Data) file.
- Rebuild the BCD Registry Hive.
- Use the Automatic Repair Utility.
- Reset the BIOS/UEFI configuration.
- Mark Boot Disk as Online so that it does not fail to boot.
- Check Windows 8.1/10 WHQL Support Setting in BIOS.
- Rescue the data and reinstall the Windows 10 system.
Error code 0x00000f
SOLUTION: The Bcd Error code 0x00000f in the PCs occur due to windows system file damage. It happens due to incomplete installation of the system or improper deletion of the applications.
To remove the Error code 0x00000f, users need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Start the computer and log in as an administrator.
- Click the Start button. After that, select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Restore.
- In the new window, select the option “Restore my computer to an earlier time” and then click Next.
- Select the most recent system restore point from the “On this list, click a restore point” list, and click Next.
- Click Next on the confirmation window.
- Restart the computer when the restoration is finished.
After following these steps in the device, the system will diagnose all the repairs and faults in the software, and the Error code 0x00000f will go away.
Error code 0x0000000D: MUTEX_LEVEL_NUMBER_VIOLATION
SOLUTION: The reason for the error 0x0000000d: MUTEX_LEVEL_NUMBER_VIOLATION usually the insufficient disk space in the hard drive.
To fix this error, there are several ways, as follows:
- Restore the deleted files.
- Start the computer in safe mode.
- Use the SFC scanner to check all the system files.
- Scan the system for viruses.
- Make a clean installation of Windows 10.
- Consult the Microsoft Support Service.
By following these steps, the error 0x0000000d: MUTEX_LEVEL_NUMBER_VIOLATION would be out of the software.
Error code 0x00000012: TRAP_CAUSE_UNKNOWN
SOLUTION: The error code 0x00000012: TRAP_CAUSE_UNKNOWN can be caused due to unknown computer infections that affect the system. To look for viruses in the device, the user needs to launch his antivirus program. Modern antiviruses allow checking both the hard disks and RAM. Then they shall run a full system scan to check that all the malware and viruses are eliminated from the system.
SOLUTION: The error code 0x00000020: KERNEL_APC_PENDING_DURING_EXIT on the screen implies a malfunction in the system operations due to improper installation of the system.
To fix the error code 0x00000020: KERNEL_APC_PENDING_DURING_EXIT, the users have to follow the steps given below:
- Download the software.
- Install and launch the application.
- Click the Scan Now button to detect any potential issue causes.
- Click the Repair All button to fix the found abnormalities and malware.
Error code 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
SOLUTION: The error code 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED occurs when the user installs software or hardware that is not designed for their operating system. To solve the error 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, the instant step should be stopping the hardware or software in the operating system.
Other ways are-
- Reinstall the right software
- Removing the hardware and find a substitution
- Switching out the CV/DVD drive and reset the memory
- Downloading a powerful automated tool
Error code 0x000000f
SOLUTION: To resolve the 0x000000f Boot error, the user needs to start their computer from a Windows installation/recovery media. If they don’t own a Windows Installation Media, they can create one (corresponding to their Windows Edition and Version) directly from Microsoft. They can fix the error code 0x000000f by fixing the Boot Configuration data using the BOOTREC tool and repair it.
Error code 0xc00000f
SOLUTION: The cause of the error code 0xc00000f is the corrupt BCD file or faulty HDD data cable.
To get freedom from this error, the users have several ways, which are as follows:
- Rebuild BCD via Easy Recovery Essentials
- Assuring that no other additional devices are plugged in
- Using the start-up repair to repair BOOTMGR
- Rebuilding the BCD manually.
- Checking the data cables, drivers, and BIOS
- Checking the disk with the CHKDSK facility
By following these steps, the users would get freedom from the error code 0xc00000f.
Error code 0xc004c003
SOLUTION: To fix the error code 0xc004c003 in the device, the user has multiple options to choose from. Some of the methods are given below:
- Try to reset the computer or PC.
- Use the Command Prompt.
- Try to install Windows 7 or Windows 8 and then upgrade the Windows 10 software.
- Do a clean booting of the device.
- Perform the SFC scan.
- Ping the network starts with Microsoft servers.
- Contact Microsoft helpdesk team if none of the above ways work.
By following these steps, the users would get freedom from the error code 0xc004c003.
Error code 0xc000025
SOLUTION: The error code 0xc000025 is a message that implies booting problems in the device. It prevents Windows 10 from starting. This error occurs due to hard drive issues or the existence of corrupted files in the software. To get freedom from the error code 0xc000025, the user needs to use the installation media’s recovery tools. If the user does not have a recovery tool, they shall contact the PC Manufacturer or the PC administrator. To get away from this error code, the user needs to fix the boot sector, corrupted hard files, or the hard drive issues present in the Windows 10 software.
Error code 0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
SOLUTION: When the blue screen shows the error code 0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM, it implies that Windows cannot process a hard drive file or the applications dependent upon it. To get rid of the error code 0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM, the users can choose any of the following methods:
- Boot into the safe state to check whether if the error clears out by itself.
- Booting to the recovery disk to make the automatic repair.
- Revert the system to the earlier restore point.
- Recovery Method – Since using common methods, there are ways to clear this problem and start using them.
- Upgrading Windows OS – The user can upgrade the current Windows OS, which in turn solves the Blue Screen issue.
- Reinstall the Operating System (OS) – Insert Windows OS boot disk and install OS by formatting the hard drive.
Error code 0x0000000a: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
SOLUTION: The error code 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is usually associated with incompatible hard drive or disk space issues. To get rid of this error, the users can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Check the system using the system file checker.
- Update the Windows to ensure that the current version is the latest
- Update the driver.
- Restore the system.
- Check the option of Hardware drive corruption to see if any files are corrupt.
- Do a malware scan to detect any abnormalities in the system.
The error code 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL generally goes away by following the above steps.
Windows 10 is a simple, quick, and a secured system with multiple customized settings for its users to give them a vivid experience of the software. Windows 10 has worked tremendously on its security, which keeps the data of its users protected. However, the cons of the system are that there are mandatory updates with compatibility issues and privacy concerns over the updates. Windows is looking forward to these issues to maintain its dominance in the tech market.
More on our blog: